Aspiring Teen Entrepreneurs Wanted
Cultivating Young Entrepreneurs!
The Young Moguls Entrepreneurial Fellowship is a 6 week, hands-on business development program that trains a group of pre-selected high school students on the intricacies of developing a viable, small business idea.
Students are trained once a week for six weeks, ending the program with a final business pitch presentation and completion ceremony.
The fellowship trainings focus on covering 4 educational components, which are:
Each training session is composed of in-depth strategies that allow participants to get a thorough understanding of wealth building through entrepreneurship.
Our goal is to provide youth with technical entrepreneurial skills, all while empowering them to use their wealth to improve their communities. Our curriculum educates each participant on how to merge entrepreneurship and financial literacy in order to create wealth and a positive impact in our local communities. Upon completion of the program, participants will possess the knowledge and skills to develop a profitable business venture, which will put them on a direct path of building generational wealth.
This Entrepreneurial Fellowship Program is accessible to ALL students and there is ZERO cost to participate.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- High School Junior or Senior at any public or private school in Jefferson County or surrounding areas
- The aspiration to become an entrepreneur, as well as a viable business idea
- Demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial qualities, and/or potential for entrepreneurship and leadership
- Approval to participate from their parent
- Proof of 2.5 grade point average
Click HERE to download the info sheet
Participants are chosen by a Selection Committee that reviews all applications and chooses a group of finalists to be interviewed. After interviewing finalists, the committee chooses a class of approximately 10-12 participants. Because the program is limited in size, many qualified applicants are not accepted. Students that are not accepted in their initial application are encouraged to re-apply in the following semester.
APPLICATION: The on-line application must be submitted on or before Friday, August 16, 2019. Portal will close at midnight.
PROGRAM CALENDAR: Each student must commit to attending ALL pre-scheduled program sessions. Failure to maintain consistent attendance will result in being removed from the program.
Click HERE to view the 2019 program calendar.
In order to be accepted into the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completed on-line application with an official transcript, personal essay, and recommendation form.
- 1 minute video briefly describing your business idea and why you want to be an entrepreneur.
- Official Transcript showing proof of current grade level & GPA
- Recommendation Form from a teacher or school administrator; We are willing to accept a recommendation from other professionals or individuals who are familiar with your skill set and leadership abilities. Click HERE to download the form.
- Finalist Interview. Applicants will be notified of interview dates in advance.
- Signatures of Commitment: Applicant agrees to commit to 100% attendance at all sessions and program tasks. Signatures of commitment required from both student and parent or legal guardian (provided once accepted into the program).
NOTE: All recommenders will be contacted for verification. We will NOT accept recommendation forms from peers or family members.
Applications are now CLOSED!!
Please join our mailing list for updates on our next cohort!
Support our mission
Follow us on Instagram